Sunday, October 28, 2012

For the East Coast

I remember one of the last things to get through to me before the power went out as Rita approached, was a Hurricane Prayer, sent to me by my friend and sister in Christ, Trish.  It helped me stay calm and rest my mind in spite of the chilling forecast I had read moments before receiving it.

I hope it will give comfort to some soul facing Hurricane Sandy as she is approaching the eastern seaboard.

O God, Master of this passing world, hear the humble voices of your children. The Sea of Galilee obeyed your order and returned to its former quietude; you are still the Master of land and sea. We live in the shadow of a danger over which we have no control. The Gulf, like a provoked and angry giant, can awake from its seeming lethargy, over step its conventional boundaries, invade our land and spread chaos and disaster. During this hurricane season, we turn to You, O loving Father. Spare us from past tragedies whose memories are still so vivid and whose wounds seem to refuse to heal with the passing of time. Father, all the elements of nature obey your command. Calm the storms and hurricanes that threaten us and turn our fear of your power into praise of your goodness. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Father God I am so very grateful that You are all knowing and all things have to submit to You. I pray Lord God for mercy for these in the hurricane areas. Father I pray that we as a nation of people will once again turn to You and say You are God! Father I pray for good to come out of all this devastation. I pray for souls to be saved, I pray for spiritual health of this nation and the world. I pray we will lift Your name on high and put Jesus back on the throne instead of all our other gods we have tried to put on His throne. May our people and our nation be healed and back under Your protection Father God. In Jesus name. I pray we completely surrender to You and spare ourselves from more destruction. Amen!

This prayer and a record of our experiences through the storm and initial aftermath are recorded in my blog:  Storm Stories:  In the Path of Rita.

3 comments:

  1. Add my prayers to all who are in the path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful prayer, one I'm sure will especially bless those reading it who are in the storms path.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...