Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pondering: They don't make 'em like that anymore.

I've never made any secret of the fact that my mind runs off in unusual tangents at times.  And sometimes purely for my amusement.  I view this as pondering.  Looking at something from a new or skewed perspective.  

Today at work, our production manager had come thru the office and for some reason it seemed appropriate to comment that "they don't make 'em like that anymore."

There is where my mental tailspin started.  I thought, who makes 'em?  Well, God of course!  Then I imagined God in Heaven conversing with one of his angels.  The angel asking how about making one similar that?  And God saying we don't make 'em like that any more.  That's model 958675246123.  It was discontinued in 1946.  What was tenacity was perceived as stubbornness.  Concern was misconstrued as being hard nosed.  The humor ran entirely too dry for the masses to understand.  Folks were insulted instead of amused.  It's a shame though.  I liked that model. That model served his nation.  That model didn't give a fig about political correctness.  If he truly liked someone, he'd bend over backwards to help them.  He also never asked anyone to do anything he wasn't willing to do himself. Yep, there was some really good qualities packed in that model, but no one would understand it today.  

What sort of things do you ponder? 

Have you known any model #958675246123's in your time? 




2 comments:

  1. My mind runs in unusual tangents, too. And I couldn't even tell you what kind of tangents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm releaved to know I'm not the only one! Thanks, Sherry.

      Delete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...