Saturday, August 16, 2014

Swept Away By Summer

I abandoned the road trip.  Had good intentions to keep up those regular posts that the A to Z Challenge got me to making.  But then, summer came on in all it's glory.  Caneyhead became rich and green.  There were so many evenings outside.  Dips in the pool to enjoy. Bubba and his little family making regular visits to our house.  Times reading with Baby Ruth or watching movies with her.  

There was a "get away" weekend for my sister and two of my nieces at Edna's river camp.  So great to visit and catch up and even be silly together.

The annual trip to Artesian Springs with the church was another enjoyable, happy day.  Tucked away in the woods of East Texas near Newton.  

Life just too rich and mellow and easy to put aside to come and visit and read and write.  Now September is around the corner, and I know that as we turn that corner, the days will shorten, eventually it will be too cool to swim and the soft glow of the computer screen will beckon me back.  But for now, I'm drinking the last dregs of a splendid summer from life's cup. 


6 comments:

  1. My husband is already missing Summer, LOL because he knows the cold is coming. I think what you described was a lovely way to spend a Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lynne. The funny thing is for along time fall was my favorite time of year. But more and more I'm coming to really love and enjoy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you enjoyed the summer... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a really nice summer! Hope yours has been good as well.

      Delete
  4. Barbara, stopping by again to see the changes and love it. :-) Always nice to visit you in candyland! :-)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...